Doin' It Ourselves

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Path Not Chosen

I find myself at a bit of a crossroads. I can see before me two distinct paths, very different from one another in type yet with the same "helping others achieve happiness" at their core. One has a paycheck already associated with it and would likely be much more lucrative while the other one doesn't have an easily visible monetary reward but I trust that the universe would provide.

I do not know how to make the two worlds mesh. In fact, so disparate are they that to follow one, committing to what it entails and the choices that would have to be made, would mean leaving the other one behind, with only a nod and a passing glance of a reminder.

Would it be fair to say "Okay, I'll pick this one for now? And give it X amount of time? And then maybe I'll try the other for a while?" Or is hedging my bets not allowed?

Or is there a 3rd choice I'm overlooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment